Five reasons to race in Shepparton.
1. It’s a fast and flat course offering a great chance for a personal best time.
2. The event is centred on Victoria Park Lake which is now regarded as one of the best open swim courses anywhere.
3. It’s a tri-mad city and the crowds come out in force.
4. The Mediterranean-type climate of Australia’s fruit-growing capital has more sunshine per year than the Gold Coast and is at its best in November.
5. Shepparton is an easy 90-minute freeway drive north of Melbourne’s outskirts and became one of Australia’s triathlon strong-holds because of its long tradition in staging athlete-friendly 113 km events.